COVID-19: How do I Support my local North Shore
Businesses while staying Safe?
- Please Scroll for Listings from our Members on How you Can Keep Them Open -
As the number of cases of the coronavirus increases in Massachusetts and state officials discourage face-to-face contact, many local businesses fear an economic impact.
A recent survey found that 60% of small businesses in MA are considering wage cuts and staffing cutbacks, while 35% said they may have to close. More than 80% expect the situation to get worse.
Here are some simple ways to help:
- Shop local Business online or via phone. While some stores already have online shopping, others will help customers order via phone or FaceTime. Simply call and ask what you can do to help. Share their information over Social Media.
- If you typically use local businesses to fill wholesale orders, place those requests as soon as possible. Pre-Pay to keep their businesses afloat.
- Join a non-profit through Membership. If you believe in the cause of the organization, by all means Join Immediately. No-doubtedly, most non-profit events have been rescheduled and their programs are a significant source of revenue -- why not support their mission through Membership? It is tax-deductible to boot!
- Buy gift cards to use at a later date to support local businesses now, even if you don't currently need anything. Anything that will bring cash-flow in during these next few weeks is critical.
- Order takeout or delivery from Local restaurants -- and tip the same amount as you would dining in (or more). Many independently owned restaurants and food businesses that haven't previously done so are now getting on to delivery platforms like Uber Eats or Postmates.
Do Business with our Members - Virtual Membership Directory Here
The Cabot will be up and running just as soon as it is safe so you can forget your troubles and enjoy live performances and films in a beautiful historic setting.
Ways to Help:
- Become a Member - get 14 months of membership benefits including free tickets instead of 12 months by supporting us now when The Cabot needs it the most. https://thecabot.org/membership
- Make a Monthly Gift - as little as $10/month will make a big impact! Consider making your donation a recurring monthly gift. https://thecabot.org/donate
- Purchase Tickets to Future Events: This immediate revenue will encourage future programming and help prevent prolonged layoffs. https://thecabot.org/events
- Consider Buying a Gift Certificate for a future performance https://thecabot.org/giftcertificates
- Name a Balcony Seat: Be a part of The Cabot’s legacy! Have your name, your company’s name, or a loved one’s name inscribed on a balcony seat nameplate. https://thecabot.org/name-a-balcony-seat
- Donate! Ensure that The Cabot will be a community gathering place for generations to come. https://thecabot.org/donate
SUPPORT THE NS CHAMBER : JOIN & BECOME A MEMBER TODAY!
Facebook, Twitter, Videos & Picture