Wednesday, May 6th at 7:15am
Annual Tourism & Small Business Breakfast
"Outlook 2020 - Why it's More Important than Ever
to Support Our Top North Shore Destinations"
The Essex Room at Woodman's
125 Main Street - Essex, Massachusetts 01929
Click Here to Register or call (978) 774-8565
Woodman’s of Essex
Salem Witch Museum
Essex National Heritage Commission
The House of the Seven Gables
Simon Property Group / Northshore Mall
North Shore Music Theatre
Peabody Essex Museum
The Crane Estate & Beach
COVID-19: How do I support local businesses while staying safe?
As the number of cases of the coronavirus increases in Massachusetts and state officials discourage face-to-face contact, many local businesses fear an economic impact.
A recent survey found that 60% of small businesses there are considering wage cuts and staffing cutbacks, while 35% said they may have to close. More than 80% expect the situation to get worse.
Here are some simple ways to help:
- Shop local Business online or via phone. While some stores already have online shopping, others will help customers order via phone or FaceTime. Simply call and ask what you can do to help. Share their information over Social Media.
- If you typically use local businesses to fill wholesale orders, place those requests as soon as possible. Pre-Pay to keep their businesses afloat.
- Join a non-profit through Membership. If you believe in the cause of the organization, by all means Join Immediately. No-doubtedly, most non-profit events have been rescheduled and their programs are a significant source of revenue -- why not support their mission through Membership? It is tax-deductible to boot!
- Buy gift cards to use at a later date to support local businesses now, even if you don't currently need anything. Anything that will bring cash-flow in during these next few weeks is critical.
- Order takeout or delivery from Local restaurants -- and tip the same amount as you would dining in (or more). Many independently owned restaurants and food businesses that haven't previously done so are now getting on to delivery platforms like Uber Eats or Postmates.
CONNECT WITH US:
Facebook, Twitter, Videos & Pictures