An Overview of Important Legal Decisions and Legislative Changes - Presented by Matthew D. Batastini of Schwartz Hannum PC.
This presentation reviews an eventful year for HR professionals and previews some changes that employers might expect in the coming year. The presentation will highlight 2018's most important developments in federal, Massachusetts and multi-state labor, and employment law, including:
- Developments in MA anti-discrimination litigation and enforcement priorities
- Wage and Hour issues, including state and local minimum wage increases
- NLRB leadership and direction
- The recently updated non-compete law, and what it means for employers
- Developments related to the Massachusetts Pay Equity Law
- The Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
- Implications of the recently adopted Paid Family and Medical Leave program
- Impact of #MeToo movement on the workplace
- Amendments to Massachusetts 'ban-the-box' law
- Importance of newly issued Department of Labor Opinion Letters
Join Us this Friday Feb. 1 for North Shore Business Leads Group!
Structured Networking - Make New Business & Personal Connections
North Shore Chamber of Commerce Boardroom - 8am
5 Cherry Hill Drive, Suite 100 -- Danvers, MA 01923
Limited to 25 Registrants
Leads Group Attendees will
- Have the chance to speak and promote their firms for 2 minutes
- Hand out business cards and marketing materials to attendees
- Meet new and different people at each Leads Event
Build Your Network Face-to-Face
- Create and develop new relationships
- Receive a spreadsheet of atttendees after the Event
Click Here to Register for Feb. 1 Leads Group
Wed., Feb. 6th Executive Breakfast - 7:15am
"Fake News & the Outlook for Local News Outlets -
How to Self-Check the News and Get the Facts"
Karen Andreas, Regional Publisher, North of Boston Media Group
& David Olson, Editor-in-Chief of The Salem News and Gloucester Daily Times
Click Here to Reserve Seats or call (978) 774-8565
Come hear the latest trends in Media for 2019, including how to spot 'Fake News' and it's ramifications on business - both financially and politically. Fake news undermines serious media coverage and makes it more difficult for journalists to cover significant news stories with with truth and integrity. Join us February 6th and hear from experts on this very important and timely topic.
Title Sponsors include:
2019 North Shore Business Expo - March 14th
Do Business with over 2,500 Business Professionals in 1-Day!
Jan. 30th - Annual Employer & Labor Law Update
New 2019 Laws Affecting Massachusetts Employers - Sell-Out Expected
Wed., Feb 6th - Executive Breakfast - "Fake News"
How to spot 'Fake News' and it's Ramifications on Business
Reserve 2019 Breakfast Forum Season Tickets & Tables
Save Money $$ in 2019 - Do Business each month at Breakfast
Your Input Matters - Take Our '2019 Business Issues Survey'
Help Shape the Chamber's Programs for the Next Year!
Download the 2019 North Shore Chamber Membership Directory
A Complete Listing of Member Firms with contact info, address & more